Through Anne Arundel County Foreclosure Prevention Program, certified housing counselors are standing by ready to assist area homeowners struggling to stay current on their mortgages and other escrow items. Qualified Arundel Community Development Services, Inc. (ACDS) Housing Financial Advisors will provide free, one-on-one housing counseling assistance to homeowners.
With support from Anne Arundel County and the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), the program is available to all Anne Arundel County homeowners.
Who: Anne Arundel County homeowners, regardless of income, are eligible for free foreclosure prevention counseling through ACDS
What: One-on-one session with an ACDS Housing Financial Advisor to execute a plan of action, which may include:
- Working with lenders to negotiate a modification to a mortgage
- Refinancing (if no missed payments) or selling home
- Entering into a forbearance agreement
- Developing a realistic household budget
- Referrals to legal services or Homeowners Assistance Fund based on eligibility
When: Before it’s too late! As soon as you realize you may have trouble making a payment.
How: Complete an intake form here or contact ACDS at 410-222-7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org