ACDS is responsible for preparing and submitting the federal Continuum of Care Program Competitive Application on behalf of the Anne Arundel and Annapolis Coalition to End Homelessness.
FY2019 Continuum of Care Program Competition
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has announced the NOFA (Notice of Funding Availability) for FY 2019 funds for the Continuum of Care Homeless Assistance Program (CoC Application). The Continuum of Care NOFA is an online application which will be coordinated by Arundel Community Development Services (ACDS). Please view our process timeline below.
- July 3, 2019: HUD Released FY2019 CoC Program Competition
- September 30, 2019 – FY2019 CoC Program Competition submission deadline
LOCAL COMPETITION KEY DATES
- Friday, July 19, 2019 – FY2019 CoC Application Information and Planning Meeting
- Time: 11:30 a.m. following full Continuum of Care meeting
- Place: ACDS, 2666 Riva Road, Suite 210, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Purpose: Discuss FY2019 CoC Application changes, project review procedures, potential new projects, review and ranking criteria. Applicants interested in submitting a CoC Project application in the FY2019 Competition, interested Coalition Board and General members can and should attend.
- Friday, August 2, 2019 – Draft applications for new project due to ACDS’ office. (These applications will be entered into Esnaps by ACDS staff and returned to you for final submission)
- Monday, August 12, 2019 – All Final New and Renewal applications due to ACDS’ office. (including all match letters)
- Friday, August 23, 2019 – (tentative) Ranking and Review committee
- Friday, August 30, 2019 –(tentative) Notification of Project Applications selected for submission in FY2019 Competition
Information about the FY2019 Continuum of Care Application is available on HUD’s website at https://files.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/FY-2019-CoC-Program-Competition-NOFA.pdf.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Heather Donahue at email@example.com.
Maryland Homelessness Solutions Program (HSP) Funding
The Maryland Homelessness Solutions Program (HSP) provides federal and state funding to CoCs to support homeless shelters and homeless services programs across the State of Maryland. The main funding priorities are: Outreach, Emergency Shelter, and Housing Stabilization services. We are now accepting applications for the FY2020 round of funding. It is a competitive process open to all provider organizations within the CoC. To apply, complete the application linked here. Please read the provider application and accompanying guidance carefully to avoid any errors. Applications will be due to ACDS by Friday, April 5th at 3pm.
We are also excited to announce that there is new, competitive Youth Homelessness funding available through the HSP program to serve unaccompanied homeless youth and youth at risk of homelessness. Existing and new projects are both encouraged to apply. There is approximately $1 million available statewide for this initiative. To apply for youth homelessness funding, please complete the application linked here, which is also due to ACDS by Friday, April 5th at 3pm.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please feel free to contact Heather Donahue at firstname.lastname@example.org.Available Downloads: